Monday, September 3, 2012

Off topic, but worthy of note

I haven't seen my best friend in over a week, though he does keep up with my goings-on via Facebook. Today he picked me up to go to Menards with him (he LOVES home improvement stores) and his first words after I got in the car (aside from the customary "Hey") were "So what's bothering you?" All I could do was laugh. I proceeded to tell him that there were several things on my mind, the most important of which I was unwilling to talk about. I proceeded to discuss with him my frustration regarding my career path and my degree of unhappiness with my inertial drift through life. We discussed it at length, including him asking for an in-depth description of a difficult job I had a few years ago, and about which he never got a lot of detail.

After he was done, we left the store, got in the car, and his first words after leaving the parking lot were, "So the other thing is about (the name of the woman I've been talking about), right?" Again, all I could do was laugh. I wasn't willing to give a lot of detail, but enough to confirm his suspicions.

Having a friend who knows you that well can be a blessing or a curse. Sometimes both.

No comments:

Post a Comment